Learn to listen deeply to your body during birth.
Because we can not think our way through labor, prenatal yoga is a perfect way to drop beneath the thinking mind and into the body/mind to prepare for birth. Erica illustrates the ways in which the practice of prenatal yoga teaches us to listen deeply to our bodies during birth.
In the Nona Prenatal Yoga and Support class, we weave together mindfulness, childbirth education and yoga for a holistic approach to pregnancy, childbirth, and early parenting. Ample time is given for support and sharing; and discussions are rich, genuine and informative.
Pricing and details:
Class time includes yoga, childbirth education basics, discussion, support with other pregnant women and deep relaxation. It is an excellent complement to any childbirth education program.
Sessions are offered 3-4 times per year. Each session is 6 weeks in length and includes six, 2 hour & 15 minute classes for a total of $195.
Each 6 week session is held in a rotation on either Tuesday or Wednesday evenings from 6:00 pm - 8 or 8:15 pm. Sessions are scheduled to be taken as a compliment to the Nona Mindful Birth Education Series.
Nona Prenatal Yoga is appropriate for all fitness levels and all stages of pregnancy. No experience is necessary.
What you can expect:
Education and group support
- Learn self-help techniques that relieve many physical discomforts associated with pregnancy and the postpartum period.
- Learn healthy ways to reduce stress and anxiety before and during labor.
- Practice effective pain coping skills.
- Develop confidence for birth.
- Acknowledge and integrate pregnancy and birth as a rite of passage.
- Bond with your pre-born baby.
- Make supportive connections
- Address the emotional concerns of pregnancy, birth, and parenthood.
- Honor the difficulties and celebrate the joys of pregnancy.
Upcoming Yoga & Support Series:
Classes are limited to 5 participants.
January 16th - February 20th (Tuesdays)
April 17th - May 22nd (Tuesdays) *Registration ends Tuesday, April 10th
August 14th - September 18th
Future dates TBD