Nona Postpartum Doula Training
Learn to mindfully support new parents and babies in the vulnerable first few weeks after birth.
The Nona Postpartum Doula training is unique in that it covers the basics of the physical and emotional aspects of postpartum care along with herbs for optimal recovery, mindfulness, and psycho-therapeutic skills to help new parents navigate the transition into parenthood.
What You Will Learn
The Nona Postpartum Doula Training is a 2 day, 16 hour training and includes the following:
- Physiology of postpartum recovery from various birth experiences
- Physiology of newborn baby
- Introduction to infant feeding
- Healthy eating for optimal recovery
- Effective communication skills for reflective listening and processing
- Support moms to make their own best decisions
- Support new parents to develop confidence in their new role
- Learn skills for processing difficult birth experiences
- Support moms to express conflicting emotions
- Know when to refer to other resources
- Mindfulness for early parenting and for the postpartum doula
- Household support
- Identify physical and emotional barriers to recovery
- Baby care basics
- Herbal education and support including sitz bath recipe
- Understanding various parenting perspectives
- Postpartum mood disorders and baby blues; recognizing red flags
- Postpartum education and support; normalizing recovery
Nona Postpartum Doula Certification
Nona postpartum doulas who wish to become certified will be required to show proof of CPR certification and a breastfeeding requirement such as:
- Proof of a lactation consultant, breastfeeding peer educator or community breastfeeding educator training
- An online breastfeeding education program such as
Trainees must have some basic knowledge and experience in caring for and interacting with newborn babies and children. You should be comfortable holding, burping, changing, and feeding newborn and older babies.
When, Where, How
Nona Postpartum Doula training
Friday and Saturday 9am - 5pm
February 16th - 17th 2018
Registration is open until the training begins.
Clicking "sign up" takes you to our online scheduler. Click on "trainings" and scroll to find your training and register.
The location of the training is within walking distance from hotels, restaurants and coffee shops in downtown Columbia Missouri. Light snacks will be provided. Lunch is on your own with ample time to walk or drive to local restaurants.
- Full refunds are available up to one month before the training.
- Up to three weeks before the training a 75% refund is available
- Up to two weeks before the training a 50% refund is available.
- No refunds are available after two weeks before the training.
- **If we cancel due to low enrollment or other circumstances you will receive a full refund.
The Nona Postpartum Doula Training is developed and taught by Erica Kroll, M.Ed LPC, an expert in the field of postpartum mental health and recovery and other guest speakers and experts. Learn more about Erica and the Nona philosophy here.