Nona Mindful Birth Education Series
Combining the best evidence, mindfulness skills, body-centered awareness, and practical information, this may be the most comprehensive childbirth education course available.
This series is detailed enough to replace either your hospital childbirth education or homebirth course. While this class is not specifically about natural childbirth, many parents will use the skills taught in this series to reach that goal.
The series curriculum is developed and taught by Erica Kroll, LPC and integrates her years of practical birth experience as an educator, doula, mindfulness instructor, and counselor. Erica will help parents to develop trust in their resiliency to move through birth and early postpartum no matter how these events unfold. This allows parents to feel confident and informed as they approach this significant life transition.
What you will learn:
- Mindfulness skills for labor, birth, and parenting
- How to manage fear and anxiety
- How to create a birth plan that staff will read and respect
- Effective communication with your care provider
- Basic anatomy and physiology of labor and birth
- Psychology of labor, birth and early parenting for both parent; how to manage common emotions
- Positions for labor and birth
- Common interventions and making informed decisions
- Medical and natural pain relief
- When to get an epidural if you want one
- The hormonal physiology of childbirth and the mind-body connection
- Navigate hospital protocol and staff
- Partner support
- Evidence-based care vs. routine care
- Emotional and physical recovery
- *Breastfeeding resources
- Cesarean, induction, epidural and natural birth information will be discussed
Note: Parents who plan to breastfeed should plan to take a separate breastfeeding education course.
Each series is 15 hours and consists of 6 weeks of 2.5 hour classes for $375
Classes are held weekly from 6:00-8:30pm.
One registration includes the pregnant parent and a support person.
The fee includes a notebook and a downloadable manual with handouts and resources to compliment the class. (Registered parents can purchase a print manual separately at a discount for $35).
Please read our cancellation policy before you register.
February 27th - April 10th *No class on March 27th for Spring Break
Classes below will be held in a new location with limited class sizes.
June 5th - July 10th Registration Closed.
September 25th - October 30th
Future dates TBD
Clicking "sign up" takes you to our online scheduler. Click on "class schedule" then scroll to find your class to register.
Don’t hesitate to register for your class!
Classes may be canceled due to low enrollment. If this is the case, you will be refunded.
Disclaimer: Teachers at Nona Birth Education & Counseling do not provide medical advice. Topics addressed in classes or on the website or blog are not meant to replace the care and advice provided by your physician, midwife, or OBGYN.